|Assistant Programme Officer NOA|
|Expire date Friday, 23 November 2012|
|Terms of Reference||
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
POST NUMBER 100171000
POST TITLE Assistant Programme Officer
The above vacancy is announced in the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of SO, the incumbent will, among other things, perform the following duties:
- Play a central role in UNHCR programme design and implementation.
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures. Conduct and oversee financial verification of UNHCR’s implementing partners.
- Build a good partnership with UNHCR’s implementing and operational partners in order to enable effective and efficient delivery of UNHCR’s mandate.
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, stay involved in the development of the strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country.
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan for overall compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions.
- Assist in organizing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners.
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions.
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects.
- Assist in implementing the establishment of sound monitoring processes, in reviewing final reports and on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels.
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Monitor and control earmarking by the donors.
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and taking corrective action where required.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Monitor the implementation of IP Risk Management techniques and tools.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Ensure compliance with UNHCR’s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
- Manage the programme unit in SO Osh.
- Perform any other tasks required by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Social Science or related field
- Previous job experience: 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function. In an international. capacity: 1 year.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian. Fluency of Kyrgyz and Uzbek languages is essential.
The incumbent should be able to work harmoniously with the people of different cultural and social backgrounds, under pressure and, when required, additional working hours.
An interview and written test will be held for this post. Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
Closing date is 23 November 2012. Applications should be accompanied by duly updated P11 form and be sent for the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan: 13 November 2012
|Supporting Documents||P11.doc (Size: 203 Kb)|
|Created Tuesday, 13 November 2012|